Just Playin' (but seriously, folks)

Monday, May 09, 2005

A True Philosopher's "Deep Thoughts"

I have long admired Jack Handey's philosophical humor. I enjoyed him on Saturday Night Live, back in the day, and have since collected his books. I was recently disappointed to find that his postcards are out of print. I had purchased many but sent them all off to friends in time. If anyone knows where I might find any, please let me know! (and yes, I periodically check e-bay) And now, a small sample of his vast wisdom.

"Instead of having "answers" on a math test, they should just call them "impressions," and if you got a different "impression," so what, can't we all be brothers?"

Always good for a chuckle. If you need one, there's a "Deep Thoughts" link in my sidebar or you can click on the post title.



3 Comments:

Funny. If only they'd had them be impressions in MY day! Thanks for leaving the comment in my neck of the woods!
Love philosphical quotes. I will keep my eyes out for his. Just noticed you have this blog, too!
I have loved Jack Handy's "Deep Thoughts" ever since I first saw them on SNL.

Some of the funniest things I've ever heard. I'm so glad that you posted about it.

Love your blog by the way...

Add a comment

Hey, what's a girl to do when she's home alone? Consider the alternatives!

Send Me A Message

Old & in the Way