Just Playin' (but seriously, folks)

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Time to get your mojo workin'

Mojotek of Gangsta's and Hugs went and tagged me back, the gangsta that he is. That's OK. I can deal.

List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they’re any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now. Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they’re listening to.

Unbroken Chain - The Dead, 03/19/95
Currently making a copy of the breakout cassette for a friend, I realize over and over how much I love this song. Almost 11 years after this show and I still cannot listen to it without crying. God, I miss my tribe.

Layla - The Allman Brother's Band, 08/09/03
Just received a copy of this from a friend at work and it really rocks.

Memphis Blues - The Dead, 10/09/89
Has got to be one of Bob Weir's best

Devil's and Dust - Bruce
Because he's The Boss

Box of Rain - The Dead
Always into this song. Always...............

One Clear Moment - Little Feat
I don't know why really but I find myself listening to this quite a bit lately. Maybe I need a clear moment!

Skating Away - Tull
Because I'm listening to it on the radio right now!

I have tagged 7 Vermont Bloggers. Holla!
Vlad at Jay.Blog.
Jack at McCreativity
Suzanne at Queen of Fucking Everything
Aloofdork who's name is the same (or not)
Tom at Hallucinogenius (who doesn't play well with others)
Janet at Cogger Corner
Holly at Holly's Cafe

Rock On!




Tags:

8 Comments:

I don't know ANY of those songs, lol.
I used to live in Vergennes....tag, you're it!
Hey Write Wing Nut - How'd you find your way here from the Webmistresse's?

BTW - You don't even know Layla????
http://www.deaddisc.com/songs/Stuck_Inside_Of_Mobile.htm

Helen - Is this the Memphis Blues you mean? Cuz it was written by Dylan. I didn't recognize the name as a Dead song, so I Googled it. That's what came up.
Mark,
Yes, definitely a Dylan tune. And, of course, Layla is Clapton. These are two cover versions that I am really enjoying lately so they made the list!
Peace..............
Layla is Clapton

Yes, but I have heard that the lead on this is nome other than Duane Allman.

Any info??

I'm going to Google it when I get a moment

No to GMO's!

Peace, too!
Helen, thanks for visiting my blog and tagging me. You're blog is very cool, I love that a fellow Vermonter found and you have fabulous taste in music!

Blog on!
Hey Chica!
GREAT song list.

*hugs*

Add a comment

Hey, what's a girl to do when she's home alone? Consider the alternatives!

Send Me A Message

Old & in the Way