Just Playin' (but seriously, folks)

Sunday, March 12, 2006

I love Jon Anderson and I love YES

YES was the first live concert I saw. I've seen them dozens of times since. I love Jon Anderson. Was it the times, my head? I don't know but I have always been able to relate to they lyrics throughout the years. Close to the Edge, a great album no doubt. But one of many. YES was always ahead of their time. YES always did their own thing. I just heard "And you and I" on the radio. It's still as amazingly beautiful as I remember it to be the first time I heard it back in the early 70's. Maybe I'm old. Maybe it's nostalgic but I think it's just good music.
Tags:

2 Comments:

Right there with you. Siberian Khatru!
I concur as to where Yes is one of the best bands ever. On the other hand their lyrics never made a whole hell of a lot of sense to me. They sound great in the songs, though, and that's what matters...

Add a comment

Hey, what's a girl to do when she's home alone? Consider the alternatives!

Send Me A Message

Old & in the Way