Just Playin' (but seriously, folks)

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Tai Chi & Pachelbel's Canon - Perfect together

At least for me. I admit that I am not much of a classical music listener. But I do have Pachelbel's Canon and put it on last night to experiment with some Tai Chi. I'm not a clutz but I'm no ballerina either. I have been practicing my solo forms (I am just a beginner) with a DVD which is really very good but have recently noticed I am using the rewind, forward, pause buttons too much. Not good. Bad Chi! This way I can just play the tape and practice the forms over and over. Stop and go as I need to. It seems to be a natural progression. Time will tell.

UPDATE: Also working very well with Jorma's "Water Song"!

5 Comments:

I bought one of those Dance/Aerobics DVD's with Salsa moves and such. Makes exercising more fun, but it's SO hard to learn (probably not as hard as Tai Chi, though!)
I once tried to do some Tai Chi forms to Inna-Godda-Da-Vida, but I pulled a muscle on the drum solo.
Tey "Sheherazade" by Rimsky-Korsakov.
Pachelbel makes me sleep. Which is, as sad as it may sound, my favorite form of exercise.
i love pachelbel canon in d. anyway just popping by to say hi helen! =) peace

Add a comment

Hey, what's a girl to do when she's home alone? Consider the alternatives!

Send Me A Message

Old & in the Way