Just Playin' (but seriously, folks)

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Vince Welnick Dies at age 51


I am deeply saddened by this news and thank my fellow Deadhead bloggers for their posts.

Sad news for Deadheads everywhere today as we mourn the death of Vince Welnick, the last keyboardist for The Grateful Dead. According to the Mercury News, an unofficial spokesman at the Welnick home said that "It looks like he took his own life.'' If that is true, then this tragedy is even greater in magnitude. Vince admitted that he fell into a deep depression after Jerry's death in '95. Apparently, he never fully recovered, and as a result, could not go on in this world any longer.

Along with Ben, I send my condolences to his friends and family.

6 Comments:

Sorry to hear that.
I'm shocked....
From what I read it sounds like most of their keyboardists die of unnatural causes.
hopefully - wherever he is- he is jamming with some awesome musicians. I hope his spirit finds peace....
BTW - Forestville is just up the road frrom my house. I had no idea he lived so close.
the dead were one helluva band. sad news indeed.

Add a comment

Hey, what's a girl to do when she's home alone? Consider the alternatives!

Send Me A Message

Old & in the Way